Goal: Growing jobs by creating economic opportunity and increasing economic competitiveness.
Mission: The PTP is a leadership organization of the Triad's private sector working to create jobs.
Vision: The Piedmont Triad Region can create high wage jobs by leveraging catalytic development platforms.
PTP brings the Triad's private sector leadership to collaborations with local economic development agencies/organization as well as the NC General Assembly and Governor’s office to create, enable and promote job growth in the Triad.
Why Regional Action?
It’s simple: the more we work together, the stronger our regional economy becomes, which means it’s best to avoid disconnect when it comes to our goals for the future. That’s why, in working towards economic development in the Triad, PTP leverages assets and aims to influence the economy on a regional scale.
- PTP connects leaders across local economic development organizations, state and local government leadership, and the region’s private sector.
- With leadership and assistance from PTP, Catalytic Development Platforms have been created for significant job growth in the Triad
- PTP is the only organization positioned to collaborate for marketing the region for job growth
- PTP is the forum where priorities and resources are shared in the Triad—it transcends the economic development organizations of any one city
- PTP will help facilitate regional collaboration and cooperation with local EDC's, the legislature and key stakeholders
- PTI Airport - More than 900 acres are being prepped for development after an investment of $120 million for airfield infrastructure. This includes the “Bridge to Commerce” that will open access to additional acreage on the west side of the airport’s property.
- Chatham-Siler City Advanced Manufacturing Site - A certified megasite of more than 1,800 acres, this site is positioned to attract an automotive manufacturer or other advanced industry.